When you're about to put your house on the market there are some simple touch-ups that will make a great impression on potential buyers. Even if you're in a hurry to get the "For Sale" sign up check over this list to see what all needs to be done. Following these guidelines can result in a faster sale and get you more for your house.
- Cleaning - Do a thorough cleaning of the interior of your home. Make sure the appliances (inside/outside) and shower stalls are exceptionally clean.
- Closets - Organize your closet space so it's neat and orderly.
- Kitchen - Try and have as much open counter space as possible. Put small appliances in the cabinet. Clear your refrigerator of any and all photos/magnets/etc.
- Carpeting - Have your carpeting cleaned & deodorized.
- Tile Floors - Clean the tile and grout.
- Garage - Organize the contents of your garage.
- Landscaping - During the warmer seasons, make sure the lawn is cut, flowers are pruned and shrubs are trimmed. Planting some colorful flowers in front of the house is a great way to add curb appeal. During the fall and winter, make sure leaves are picked up and snow is removed from driveway and walk ways.
- House Exterior - If it needs to be painted or power washed now is the time to do it. (Weather permitting)
- Windows - Wash the interior/exterior of all windows.
- Pool - If you have a pool make it look inviting. Make sure the pool and deck area is clean. Store pool equipment & toys out of sight.
- Declutter - Remove all unnecessary clutter from around the exterior of the property.
- Repairs - You want your home to be in the best condition possible. Take care of major defects that could discourage buyers.
- Home Inspection - Having an inspection done now, and paid for by the seller, can save time and money in the long run.
- Declutter - Now is the time to have a garage sale and get rid of unwanted and unused items.
...Just remember, the first impression goes a long way!